Dr. Karuna Sharma
- PhD in Environmental Sciences from CMJ University, Meghalaya, Thesis - “Impact on migrant avian population and migration aspects due to proposed development activities at Goa Velha, Goa.”
- M.Sc. (Zoology) from Goa University ‘O’ Grade First Rank at University Honour of receiving Gold Medal.
- Published Paper- ‘Diel Cycle Of Some Abiotic Factors and Microbial Quality of Freshwater Reservoir during monsoons at Mormugao, Goa’. Published in ‘BIOVED’Vol. 4, No. 1, February, 1993.
- Presented Paper: “Comparative Fine Morphology Of Pecten And Telson In Two Species Of Scorpions From Goa.” At the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “ Current And Emerging Trends In Animal Sciences – An Overview” organised by Department of Zoology, Smt.Parvatibai Chowgule College, Margao, Goa, during 26th and 27th November 2011.
- An experienced Higher Secondary Education Professional with Management, Teaching and Volunteering experience of 25 years and a freelance Environmental Consultant.
- As an Environmental Consultant she is involve as a Subject Expert in Wildlife Biology, Prepared Wildlife Management Plans, Biological Impact Assessment report ,Flora and Fauna Inventory and Set up a Butterfly Park & Biodiversity Plan.
- Head of LSc100 and leading a team of teachers, Giving specific training for Pre – Medical entrance exams & Pre Engineering exams such as GCET (Goa) , NEET, JIPMER, JEE, COMEDK, KLE, MHCET, Manipal, VITEE, SRMJEE.
- Guest Faculty - at GIPARD, Goa Conduct lectures on Sustainable Development Goals.(2020 till date)
- Former Assistant Professor of Zoology at Smt. Parvatibai College, Margao, Goa, for FY, SY & TY BSc.
- Former Zoology lecturer at Carmel college of Arts & science, Nuvem, Goa for FY, SY & TY BSc.
- Former Biology teacher at Delhi Public School, Ahmedabad, Udgam School (Higher secondary), Ahmedabad and Vishwabharati School ,Ahmedabad.