Dr. Manoranjan Hota
- M.Phil; Ph.D., worked in MoEFCC and CPCB.
- Independent Environmental Expert/Advisor, Former Advisor/Scientist “G”, MoEFCC, Expert Member, Expert Appraisal Committee, MoEFCC, Member, EIA Accreditation Committee of QCI-NABET, Expert Member, OECD Expert Group on Best Available Technology (BAT).
- Advising Skill Council for Green Jobs.
- Member, Expert Group for suggesting Improvement in Plastic and Solid Waste Management, Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi.
- Chairman, Advisory Committee for suggesting management of E-Waste, CPCB, Delhi.
- 38 years of professional experience in field of Environmental Management which include EIA, Pollution Control, Chemicals & Waste management, Sustainability and Environmental Governance, Environmental Health, Environmental Management & Environmental Audit, Policy planning, Research, Life Cycle Assessment, Biosafety, environmental law enforcement, monitoring and compliance.
- Professional trainings include Environmental Management & Audit, Impact Assessment in University of Aberdeen in U.K.; Pollution Control training in the University of Ottawa, Managing Global governance at InWent and DIE in Germany, Life Cycle Assessment in UK, etc.
- National Project coordinator of the World Bank projects on Pollution Control; Hazardous waste management and implementation of the WHO country programme in Environmental Health in India. Managed Bilateral projects of GTZ, NORAD, SIDA on air, water pollution control and hazardous waste management also National implementation of programmes for Mercury management in industries.
- UNEP Regional Advisor for Biosafety Clearing House for Asia-Pacific Region and has experience of other Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEAs) in chemicals and wastes.
- Regional Coordinator for Strategic Approach for International Chemicals Management (SAICM) for the Asia-Pacific region and also the Official Focal Point for UNEP for Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee on Mercury and the Chair, UNEP Asia-Pacific Mercury Storage Porgramme.
- International experience including as Regional Coordinator for the Asia-Pacific region for Strategic Approach for International Chemicals Management (SAICM); Member, Chemicals Review Committee, UNEP Rotterdam Convention of Prior Informed Consent on international trade of hazardous chemicals; Chair, UNEP Asia-Pacific Mercury Storage Programme Member, UNEP Mercury Global partnership programme and represented India in the UNEP Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee meetings on Mercury and Minamata Convention.